eYe was talking about the issue of cancer treatment with a friend sharing my opinion on chemotherapy. My personal problem with our western medicine is that we pay to kill ourselves. If you set the body's immune system back to it's state when you were a sperm but are a grown person living and breathing in this impure world you will die of infections, illness and other issues caused by the radiation and weakening of the body. We totally give ourselves to that doctor title and fully trust that person who does not have any emotional connection with us. My aunt died before she was officially dead. They cut everything out of her. She was just a shell with a brain by the time they were done with her. They keep your money and tell you there is nothing else to do, but they are lying and you are too brainwashed to think about it.
Fact is, we are made of this world that feeds us and keeps us alive so we have to feed our bodies just the same way as we would treat a plant: WITH CARE!
I found this message that is circulating on the internet. There is a debate on it's origins, but the reality is that it's content is true. I am backing this information with what I have found on the website of the American Institue for Cancer Research (AICR) - www.aicr.org:
1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.
2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.
3. When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors.
5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.
6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastro-intestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.
7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs.
8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.
9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.
10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.
11. An effective way to battle cancer is to STARVE the cancer cells by not feeding it with foods it needs to multiple.
What cancer cells feed on:
a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Note: Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in colour. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.
b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk, cancer cells will starved.
c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.
d. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes t o nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells.
To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).
e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer-fighting properties. Water--best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.
12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines will become putrified and leads to more toxic buildup.
13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.
14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the body's own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.
15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor.
Anger, unforgiving and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.
16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.
American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR): AICR's Foods that Fight Cancer™
AICR's Foods That Fight Cancer™
Full Glossary for Foods That Fight Cancer
No single food or food component can protect you against cancer by itself. But strong evidence does show that a diet filled with a variety of plant foods such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains and beans helps lower risk for many cancers.
Foods Can Fight Cancer Both Directly …
In laboratory studies, many individual minerals, vitamins and phytochemicals demonstrate anti-cancer effects. Yet evidence suggests it is the synergy of compounds working together in the overall diet that offers the strongest cancer protection.
… And Indirectly
According to AICR/WCRF’s second expert report and its updates, carrying excess body fat increases the risk of seven cancers. Vegetables and fruits are low in calories, which help us get to and stay a healthy weight. Whole grains and beans are rich in fiber and moderate in calories, which also help in weight management efforts.
That is why AICR recommends filling at least 2/3 of your plate with vegetables, fruit, whole grains and beans.
Research on foods that fight cancer – and that may also aid cancer survival – is ongoing and active.
Here is a partial list of the foods we at AICR get asked about most often. Click each one to learn what current science tells us about its potential role in cancer protection. You’ll also find links to recent AICR articles, cooking tips, recipes and more.
Foods That Fight Cancer
American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR): Glossary
Glossary: AICR's Foods that Fight Cancer™
|Alpha-carotene||One of a group of carotenoids found in colorful fruits and vegetables that can be made into vitamin A by the body.|
|Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)||A polyunsaturated fatty acid required by the body that is found in many vegetable oils.|
|Anthocyanin|| One of a class of flavonoid pigments found in many blue, red or purple plants. |
|Antioxidant||A substance that protects cells from the damage caused by free radicals.|
|Apoptosis||Programmed cell death.|
|Benign adenoma||A non-cancerous tumor that arises from tissues covering the body's organs.|
|Benzoic acid||A carboxylic acid found in many berries that can be used as a preservative.|
|Beta-carotene||One of a group of red, orange and yellow pigments called carotenoids.|
|Caffeine||A substance found in the leaves and beans of the coffee tree, in tea, yerba mate, guarana berries, and in small amounts in cocoa. It is added to some soft drinks, foods, and medicines. Caffeine increases brain activity, alertness, attention, and energy. It may also increase blood pressure, heart rate, breathing rate, and the loss of water from the body in urine.|
|Case-control study||In cancer research, a study that compares a group of people with cancer to a similar group without cancer. Also called a retrospective study.|
|Carotenoid||A type of antioxidant and a provitamin. It is a yellow, red, or orange substance found mostly in plants.|
|Catechin||One of a class of compounds called phenols; a potent antioxidant.|
|Ellagic acid||One of a class of compounds called phenols; found in many berries.|
|Ellagitannin||A polyphenol compound formed when ellagic acid links with a sugar.|
|Enzyme||A protein that increases the rate of chemical reactions.|
|Epicatechin||One of a class of compounds called phenols; structurally similar to catechin.|
|Epidemiology||The study of disease and risk among human populations.|
|Flavonol||One of class of compounds called flavonoids found in many plant foods.|
|Folate||An essential B vitamin in the form naturally present in foods.|
|Folic acid||An essential B vitamin in the form found in supplements and fortified foods.|
|Gamma-tocopherol||One of a series of compounds that exhibits vitamin E-like behavior.|
|Glucosinolate||Organic compounds containing sulfur and nitrogen; found in cruciferous vegetables.|
|Hydroxycinnamic acid||One of a class of polyphenol acids found in many fruits.|
|Inflammation||The body's reaction (swelling, heat) to harmful stimuli.|
|Indole||Compound arising from glucosinolate found in cruciferous vegetables.|
|Inositol||B vitamin required by the body; found in grains and other plant foods.|
|Isothiocyanate||Chemical group containing sulfur, also known as mustard oils.|
|Kaempferol||Member of the group of compounds called flavonols; found in many plant foods.|
|Lignan||Member of the group of compounds called polyphenols with mild estrogen-like effects.|
|Lutein||A carotenoid found in dark green leafy vegetables and orange-colored fruits and vegetables.|
|Perillyl alcohol (POH)||A monoterpene found in cherries, lavendar, orange peels and other plants. POH inhibits growth of cancer cells and causes cell death in lab studies.|
|Phytoestrogen||A plant substance that exhibits mild estrogen-like effects.|
|Polyp||Abnormal growths of tissue that may or may not develop into cancer.|
|Polyphenol||Member of a large class of plant compounds much studied for their health effects.|
|Proanthocyanidin||Long-chained member of class of compounds called flavonols; found in many fruits.|
|Protease inhibitor||A compound that interferes with the ability of certain enzymes to break down proteins.|
|Pterostilbene||A polyphenol compound that shows antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.|
|Quercetin||Member of a class of compounds called flavonoids found in tea, apples and many plant foods.|
|Resveratrol||Member of a class of compounds called phenols; found in the skins of grapes and in many other plants, fruits, and seeds.|
|Saponin||A long-chained compound found in soybeans and many other plants.|
|Sterols||A class of organic molecules related to lipids; found in many plants.|
|Ursolic acid||Member of a class of compounds called polyphenols; found primarily in cranberries' skins.|
|Zeaxanthin||A carotenoid found in dark green leafy vegetables and orange-colored fruits and vegetables.|