Skip to main content

A day in the life of Entrepreneur Teena Lane...


MAY 28, 2013
6:30 am  Woken up by a shower of kisses from my love.  Roll out of bed. Drink some Kangen Water, let it flow and clean out the pipes.  Lastly, freshen the breath with a good whitening toothpaste.  
7:00 am  Touch bases with my east coast contacts, before their days get too hectic.  It is so important for someone in my position to be bi-coastal, and inter-continental.      
7:30 am  Get my P90X workout in.  It’s tough, but we gotta keep it tight at every age.  It doesn’t matter how nice your wardrobe is if you don’t look good in it.
8:30 am  Shower and meditate.  I take this time to repeat my daily mantra at least twice.  The shower tends to be the quietest, most serene place to commit to my ritual daily.
9:30 am  Ultra-violet light treatment.  This is one of my beauty secrets.  I hold this light to my face for 30 minutes at a time, twice a day.  It regenerates skin cells, kills acne causing bacteria, and keeps wrinkles at bay.  I’ve been using it for 6 months and I swear by it.
10:00 am  Get dressed and ready to run errands.  It’s my first business day back from our Bahamas vacation, so checks need to be deposited into the bank, the rent needs to be paid, and I have to get supplies for my work week.
12:00 pm  Head out to do Kangen demonstrations for my neighboring rehabilitation centers.  They might say “no,” but I at least want to give them the option.
1:30 pm  Time for a healthy lunch...Fresh, organic, homemade smoothie (kale, carrots, blueberries, bananas, and juice!)
2:30 pm  Book Writing...working on the Hash Bar Diaries.  I’m hoping to be ready for print by the end of the year.
3:30 pm  Meeting with Venus Leone.  She has some ideas to share with me about Goddess Image, and how to take it to the next level.
4:30 pm  Book Writing... it’s a daily process.
6:00 pm  Bonding time with the husband.  This is by far my favorite time of day.  We usually prepare food together, talk about our business successes and challenges, and reconnect in the middle of a chaotic world.
8:30 pm  Back in the office.  Time to shut it down.  I close out any open documents I was working on.  Organize my desk and studio, so it’s a fresh start in the morning.
9:30 pm  I’m exhausted.  I usually stay up way past midnight, but I’m still on east coast time.  I grab my book, find my comfy spot in bed, let the day go, and say “Night night.”

Teenalane Productions
http://instagram.com/teenalane#

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hill We Climb by Amanda Gorman

Mr. President, Dr. Biden, Madam Vice President, Mr. Emhoff, Americans and the world:  When day comes we ask ourselves, where can we find light in this never-ending shade? The loss we carry, a sea we must wade. We’ve braved the belly of the beast. We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace. In the norms and notions of what just is isn’t always justice. And yet, the dawn is ours before we knew it. Somehow, we do it. Somehow, we’ve weathered and witnessed a nation that isn’t broken, but simply unfinished. We, the successors of a country and a time where a skinny Black girl descended from slaves and raised by a single mother can dream of becoming president, only to find herself reciting for one. And yes, we are far from polished, far from pristine, but that doesn’t mean we are striving to form a union that is perfect. We are striving to forge our union with purpose, to compose a country committed to all cultures, colors, characters and conditions of man. And so, we lift our gazes not to w