Skip to main content

"Like a Lot of Sisters' Out There" - Bethany Andrews, Lay Over Inc.

Hello,
My name is Bethany, President and CEO of Lay Over Inc. I just ran across your page and felt at home in seconds. I love being around other positive, empowering black women and women in general. My story is like a lot of sisters' out there. I used to think being a single mother would stifle me, but I turned it around to be the best decision of my life. My sons father and I met in college and dated for several years. We broke up before I found out I was pregnant and never got back together again. Throughout my pregnancy he tried forcing me into an abortion by scaring me, berating me and abandoning me when I needed him the most. I serve a faithful God though because after he left, I was offered a job as the Executive Secretary in the OB/GYN dept at University of Colorado hospital. My pregnancy was fully supported by my department by them throwing me a baby shower and on my Bday I was given a 3D ultrasound. As much as I loved working there, God was directing me, prepping me and urging me to leave and start my own business selling sleep in international airport terminals. After 2 years of being a department's secretary, I became my own and haven't turned back.



 Lay Over Inc. is a micro-hotel in airport terminals. Passengers can reserve a room to sleep work and relax at an hourly rate. We're planning on opening in Denver intl airport with a goal to expand in all intl airport terminals.  When you get a chance, please visit my company's website and Like us on Facebook: www.layoverdia.com andwww.facebook.com/LayoverInc.



 I certainly hope someone else that shares my story feels touched with hope. My company website is www.layoverdia.com and my email address is bethanyandrews@layoverdia.com





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hill We Climb by Amanda Gorman

Mr. President, Dr. Biden, Madam Vice President, Mr. Emhoff, Americans and the world:  When day comes we ask ourselves, where can we find light in this never-ending shade? The loss we carry, a sea we must wade. We’ve braved the belly of the beast. We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace. In the norms and notions of what just is isn’t always justice. And yet, the dawn is ours before we knew it. Somehow, we do it. Somehow, we’ve weathered and witnessed a nation that isn’t broken, but simply unfinished. We, the successors of a country and a time where a skinny Black girl descended from slaves and raised by a single mother can dream of becoming president, only to find herself reciting for one. And yes, we are far from polished, far from pristine, but that doesn’t mean we are striving to form a union that is perfect. We are striving to forge our union with purpose, to compose a country committed to all cultures, colors, characters and conditions of man. And so, we lift our gazes not to w