Skip to main content

Los Angeles - The Mecca of Art

I was talking with my older brother yesterday over the phone.  He asked me, “Really, what is it like to live in LA?”  I love this question, because it is by far the best place I’ve ever lived.  Where I’m from in the Midwest, artists are struggling.  There are not a vast amount of platforms to show their work, unlike Los Angeles.  In LA, there are struggling artists, but they have more opportunities to find jobs doing graffiti, fashion, film, and music.  The only thing that stands in the way of people being successful in this city, is themselves.  From my experience, I came to LA with 2 suitcases and a dream.  No car.  No job.  No home.  I quickly learned that all I have to do is go outside, and I will find opportunity.  If I just put myself out there, and show up on time, I have half the population beat!  If I show up in anything besides a tank top and flip flops, I’ve outsmarted another 10%.  After one month in LA, I found a job in my field that traveled me all over California, housed me in hotel rooms and paid for my food, plus a salary.  By my third month here, I raised enough money to buy myself an old Infiniti G20, and the rest is history.  I’ve never looked back.  I found a career, a husband, and ultimate freedom.
    Any city that allows you to go hiking and then bike to the beach in the same afternoon, is spectacular.  Los Angeles has the best home grown, organic food and restaurants in the world.  I never get bored here.  Between cool events, the weather and nature, there is a reason outsiders dream of starting a life in LA.  I sit in continual gratefulness,  as my migration to the west coast has been one of the greatest decisions of my life.


                                -Teena Lane
http://distilleryimage5.s3.amazonaws.com/5f4ca454ae0511e2943422000a9f1416_7.jpg

Venus Leone, founder of Goddess Image styled by Teena Lane
 

Goddess Image Entertainment Business and Consulting
Phone: +1-818-570-3114
www.facebook.com/goddessimage
Twitter: @GoddessImage

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hill We Climb by Amanda Gorman

Mr. President, Dr. Biden, Madam Vice President, Mr. Emhoff, Americans and the world:  When day comes we ask ourselves, where can we find light in this never-ending shade? The loss we carry, a sea we must wade. We’ve braved the belly of the beast. We’ve learned that quiet isn’t always peace. In the norms and notions of what just is isn’t always justice. And yet, the dawn is ours before we knew it. Somehow, we do it. Somehow, we’ve weathered and witnessed a nation that isn’t broken, but simply unfinished. We, the successors of a country and a time where a skinny Black girl descended from slaves and raised by a single mother can dream of becoming president, only to find herself reciting for one. And yes, we are far from polished, far from pristine, but that doesn’t mean we are striving to form a union that is perfect. We are striving to forge our union with purpose, to compose a country committed to all cultures, colors, characters and conditions of man. And so, we lift our gazes not to w